Fresh lime soda recipe . There’s nothing refreshing like a glass of homemade fresh lime soda on a hot summer day. Loaded with vitamin C, fresh lime soda is an ultimate thirst quencher and a body cleanser. This fresh, crisp and light fresh lime soda recipe is definitely a crowd pleaser during summers.
It doesn’t take much time at all to make your own fresh lime soda. Make a simple sugar syrup (this is what I prefer but you can use sugar instead of sugar syrup). Now pour some lime juice into a jar. Add sugar syrup, salt and herbs of your choice. And when you are ready to enjoy the drink, grab some soda and ice. In a minute, you’ll have a glass of citrus flavored refreshing drink in front of you!
How to make simple sugar syrup.
Sugar syrup blends easily and smoothly in any liquid. It also adds volume to your drink. To make sugar syrup, you just need to boil equal quantity of sugar and water in a saucepan. Simmer until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and let it cool. This syrup can be refrigerated in a glass jar for up to 1 month.
Some people prefer sweet and some enjoy the salty version. I like my fresh lime soda with both sugar and salt.
Step by step, fresh lime soda recipe :
1. Take a glass and pour in the freshly squeezed lime juice.
2. Pour sugar syrup.
3. Add Salt.
4. Add cumin powder and stir it well.
5. Now add ice cubes.
6. Pour in your chilled soda or water.
Fresh Lime Soda Recipe | How to make Fresh Lime Soda | Lemonade Recipe
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp sugar syrup or as required
- 1 cup soda / limca / water (I used soda)
- ¼ tsp cumin powder (optional)
- ½ tsp black salt/rock salt or as required
- few ice cubes
Pour lime juice into a glass.
Add sugar syrup, salt, cumin powder. Stir well.
Add ice cubes.
Pour in soda / limca / water. Use lesser amount of lime juice and sugar if you are using limca.
1. Feel free to substitute the soda for water and sugar for honey, calorie free sweetener etc.
2. You can also add fresh mint.