Mango Mojito (Alcohol free)
In India, Summers for mango lovers is synonymous with the mango season. When market is flooded with this king of fruits, mango mojito is something not to be missed. With the freshness of lime, mint and mango juice this cool mango mojito is a perfect drink for a long hot summer day.
Mango Mojito is a Cuban drink which involves mixing of mango puree with traditional mojito mixture of sugar, lime juice, mint , soda water and white rum. I must say, I am in love with this phenomenal combination. For Virgin mango mojito recipe, white rum is not required. Instead of using granulated sugar I prefer preparing sugar syrup to make chilled drinks as sugar syrup blends in smoothly and easily in cold liquids. Making sugar syrup is super easy. You just need to boil water with equal amount of sugar.
To make mango mojito, throw lime juice, sugar syrup (or sugar) and mint leaves in beaverage shaker or a jar. Then gently muddle this mixture with a muddler or a spoon. It extracts flavor and essential oils from mint and lemon. I find, this mixing and muddling part very relaxing. Add in the mango puree and stir the whole mixture. Finally, top the drink with ice cubes and sparkling soda water. Garnish it with mint leaves and lemon wedges. Serve immediately.
Step by step, mango mojito recipe
1. Chop the mangoes roughly and blend in a blender.
2. Take a jar and add mint leaves, lemon juice and sugar syrup. Muddle with a muddler or a spoon.
3. Add mango puree to this mint and lemon mixture.
4. Put 3 tbsp of this mixture in a serving glass.
5. Put some ice cubes in it and add club soda.
Find a place to relax and enjoy this refreshing, delicious Mango Mojitos!
- 2 cups fresh mango puree
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar syrup (or as per taste)
- 500 ml club soda
- ice cubes
- Chop the mangoes roughly and blend in a blender.
- Take a jar and add mint leaves, lemon juice and sugar syrup. Muddle with a muddler or a spoon.
- Add mango puree to this mint and lemon mixture.
- Put 3 tbsp of this mixture in a serving glass.
- Put some ice cubes in it and add club soda.
- Garnish with mint sprigs and lemon wedges.
- 1. You can also add few lemon wedges with lemon juice and mint leaves while muddling.
- 2. You can use powdered sugar instead of sugar syrup.
- 3. You can use canned mangoes or mango crush instead of fresh mangoes.